Kirkcudbright Canoe Club Pool Courses
- Course 1 15th Oct/5th Nov [4 weeks] £22 Beginners – Basic skills of Kayaking
Intermediate – Rolling
- Course 2 12th Nov/17th Dec [6 weeks £33 Beginners – Basic skills of Kayaking
Intermediate -Support strokes
- Course 3 14th Jan/18th Feb [6 weeks] £33 Beginners – Basic skills of Kayaking
Intermediate -Support strokes and Rolling
- Course 4 25th Feb/1st Apr [6weeks] £33 Beginners – Basic skills of Kayaking
Intermediate – Combination of strokes
Basic skills of kayaking include SAFETY -feeling confident in and around the kayak forward /reverse paddling, edging, sweep, draw and support strokes ,
bow rudder, rescues-eskimo, T X, and self.
Support strokes ! your first line of defence before a capsize !! understand how you can co-ordinate your body/blade/boat or should it be brain/body/blade/boat ??
Rolling! the technique that everyone wants to learn!! you will be guided threw the various movements required to master rolling a kayak.
Combination of strokes! combines 2/3 strokes for a specific move, important for river running or rock hopping!!
Enjoy the one to one coaching in the warmth of Kirkcudbright pool
Venue – Kirkcudbright Swimming Pool – Monday evening 7pm – 8pm [and 8pm – 9pm if we get enough interest]
2013 Outdoor coaching will start after Easter. [inland water, moving water and sea]
All coaches have various graded BCU qualifications on inland water and sea.
KCC is affiliated to the Scottish Canoe Association.
For information on Club and activities
- Contact Les – 07711129007
- John – 07974967739
- Paul – 07753148160
- Steve – 07986483724